In 1859, August Richard Weichold took over his father’s shop and made many bows. However, it was also known that prior to his death in 1902, he was getting his sticks from the Nurnberger workshop and stamped under his own brand. This example is a typical bow from the Nurnberger workshop. The precision is clearly there and made octagon and darlky stained in the finishing process. Other typical characteristics are that the mother of pearl eye lies precisely in the middle of the frog with liner secured with 2 iron screws and a “U” formed collar cut at the button.
Stamped: R. Weichold A Dresden